Excessive brake wear can lead to longer stopping distances and significantly increase your risk of an accident. Additionally, waiting too long to service your pads and shoes can make brake repairs more expensive by putting premature wear on the rotors. If you bring your vehicle in for your regular oil changes at any of our five Triangle locations, we will inspect your brakes and let you know ahead of time when they are coming due for brake service.
Here are a few signs that your brakes may be overdue for service:
- Grinding or screeching noises when braking
- Needing to push the brake pedal harder than usual before your vehicle stops (or having to push the brake pedal all the way to the floor)
- Vibration in the brake pedal or steering wheel when braking
- The red brake warning light is on (and the parking brake is not engaged)
- The vehicle pulls slightly to one side when braking
Your brakes are crucial to keeping your vehicle safe. Don’t put off brake service—give us a call and schedule an appointment today!